Bolton has a long heritage as a bustling market town with four to choose from. The main market is located right in the heart of the town centre. This lively market has a growing reputation as the premier food market in the North West and features a programme of regular cooking events and food tastings. Bolton also hosts speciality markets throughout the year including the annual August Food & Drink Festival.
Awards for Bolton Market
- Wellbeing Project - Best Market Innovation 2012
- Best Food Market- BBC Radio 4 Food and Farming Awards 2011
- 5 a day supporter of the year 2011
- Best Indoor Retail Market 2010
- Tourism Retailer of the year 2009
- Best Small Indoor Market 2012 (Westhoughton Market)